Tuesday, June 12, 2007

but i like the cookie

I want something sweet like, really baaaaddd. But, I think I will supress the urge.

One of my favorite things is new music. I am always searching to find new music, and one of my favorite things is to make mixed CDs for people so that I can share the wealth. :) I just recently bought the CD by Au Revoir Simone called The Bird of Music which I like a lot. They kinda remind me of Stereolab and perhaps Hooverphonic. Kinda folksy cool female voice with an electronic background. My favorite song by Au Revoir Simone is "Sad Song", which has the electronic stuff but also has a trumpet and trombone that play along later.

I guess I would have to say one of my favorite bands of all time is Cake because of the same reasons. All except for the folksy female voice. ;) They do a good mix of electronic sound, cool guitar, funky percussion, and trumpet. The words to their songs are kinda corny or don't make any sense a lot of times...but I'm more in it for the music anyways. I just recently found out that they are really into environmental issues. If anyone reads this, and are interested in Cake, check out the website at www.cakemusic.com. They always have links to all sorts of interesting news.

If you have any cool new music you want to share with me, share away.

No comments: