Saturday, May 1, 2010

new music to check out

There are a couple of new albums coming out that I would like to hear more of. This is a debut album coming out for Sleigh Bells called Treats. They use a lot of feedback and buzz with their dance-pop sound. I really liked their song "Crown on the Ground", and there are more songs that have come out on the interwebs recently, like "Tell 'Em". Their album comes out May 11, 2010.


I have not been the hugest fan of The National when I first heard of them in 2007, but having heard some of their album High Violet which comes out this month, I think I'm interested in giving them another try. The New York Times ran an article on them, and at this point is streaming some of their music: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/25/magazine/25national-t.html
Also, a lady that writes for a blog I love to follow http://theblisslist.typepad.com/blisslist LOVES The National, so I had to give them a fair shot. High Violet will also be released May 11.

No comments: