Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Music--Beirut

This is a song that is actually from a various artists disc compilation called Dark Was the Night and it was created to raise money and to create awareness for HIV/AIDS. I also really like Beirut's latest album, which is actually a 2-disc set (March of the Zapotec/Holland) with Zach Condon's 2 different music projects, Beirut and Realpeople. I think I prefer the Realpeople side, but I think I need to give the Beirut side more of a shot. The album was recorded in Oaxaca, Mexico with a mariachi band in tow. I'm not sure if this track was laid down at the same time as the other March of the Zapotec tracks, but this track definitely fits in more with the Beirut side. It starts with xylophone and accordion, and ends with a fantastic horn arrangement. It's called "Mimizan".

No comments: